Recent Posts

Friday, October 16, 2015

Not a Child, Not Fully an Adult

I often find myself feeling stuck in this in between stage of being a child and an adult. Once you get married and start a family, there is no going back to being a child anymore. Responsibilities triple, and at times we struggle to figure out how to be responsible adults. Do I like being an adult? Sometimes, but most of the time I want to be carefree and have time to myself. I want to be selfish and only think about myself. (It doesn't happen. Family always comes first.)

DSC_0351
oh to be young again...

Then reality hits, and it's not possible to go back. It's only possible to move forwards. While responsibilities suck, I have to make the best out of it. Some days I just try to get through the day so that I can reset for the next day. I'm on a team after all, and I'm not in this alone. 

There are times when I'm running an errand, and I stop to think about how I got here. I look around and see young adults with a small basket at the grocery store. I look at my own cart, filling to the brim with food to feed my family for the week. I look like them (in my mind), but I have a set of responsibilities that differ from them. It feels like I'm a child trapped inside the body of an adult.

Shopping with Kids Shopping with Kids

0 comments:

Post a Comment