Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nursery Reveal!

Negi's Nursery

Baby O's nursery is finally complete and ready for it's blog debut! H and I spent a lot of time perfecting the room, and I'm really happy how it turned out. Typically I'm indecisive and never have a clear vision for any space in the house. By the way, E's room looks nothing like this. He still has a blanket draped over top the curtain rod in his room to block out the sunlight...

This room was originally my craft room, and it took weeks to clear out the space. I have collected a lot of crafting supplies over the years, and I am reluctant to throw away old projects. Plus it eventually became our junk room, and even junk needs to be sorted out. Once the room was emptied, we transformed the room by simply painting it. Sometimes I just get used to white walls, and a splash of color does wonders. Slowly we added the crib, blinds, and curtains. The room was finally coming together, which gave us the motivation to keep decorating and perfecting the space.

Negi's Nursery

Earlier in September, we transitioned E into his big boy bed. It was a smooth transition, and E loves his new bed, especially since we can join him in his sleepy slumber. I'm glad that I chose this crib three years ago because I still love it, and it works well in the room. 

Negi's Nursery

Knowing that I would be spending a lot of time in the rocking chair, I wanted to make the corner a extra little special for Baby O with picture frames of family and a colorful collage of Charley Harper images. I originally bought the ledges from Ikea with the intention of using them in E's room, but again my indecisiveness took over and I never found  the right spot for them. The Charley Harper images are actually from a memory game that I purchased on sale from Anthropologie last year. 

Negi's Nursery Negi's Nursery

The bookshelf holds a lot of E's old baby toys that he no longer plays with. E also has a huge collection of books, enough to share with his younger brother. Can't wait for Baby O to be old enough to pull the toys and books off the shelf! 

Negi's Nursery Negi's Nursery

The dressers were given to us by my sister, who had received them from her MIL. My original plan was to paint them for the guest room, but instead they just sat there for a year being neglected. Once I was pregnant with O, I knew that I wanted to put them to good use in the nursery. I was happy enough to simply paint them white, but after getting some inspiration from Young House Love, I decided on a white and gray combo. The credit all goes to H who spent many hours sanding them down, priming, painting, and adding an extra layer of protection with polycrylic. Plus he spray painted the hardware! 

 Negi's Nursery

Hoping that Baby O will love his room as much as we do! We haven't transitioned him into his room quite yet, but he might be ready soon. E still asks to go into baby brother's room to play with his toys and rediscover old books. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time together in Baby O's room. :)

Negi's Nursery

Crib: Baby Mod - Olivia / Mirror: Nate Berkus for Target / Map: Costco / Curtains: Threshold Window Panel from Target / Globe: Thrift Store / Lamps: Ikea - Arstid / Rocking Chair: Thrift Store / Photo Ledges: Ikea - Ribba / Picture Frames: Ikea - Ribba & Virserum / Collage: Charley Harper Memory Game / Bookcase: Ikea - Hemnes / Wastebasket - Simple Human / Area Rug: nuLOOM Rug

0 comments:

Post a Comment