Recent Posts

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Baby Negi - Weeks 23 - 27

I'm in my 6th month of this pregnancy, and time is flying! Negi is still treating me really well, and everything is going smoothly. I see a doctor pretty much every other week (for GD & regular OB), and it's nice to know that he is healthy and growing. I was a little concerned last week since he went a few days without moving very much. As soon as I voiced my concerns, he starts moving and shaking all day long. I love it! Little E has been a super awesome big brother and loves to give my tummy hugs and kisses. He even tells Negi that he loves him. So sweet!

My gestational diabetes is still under control with diet, and I hope I can keep it that way for the rest of this pregnancy. I eat really healthy and am actually happy that having GD forces me to take a new approach to eating. I'll have to take photos of my meals throughout the day to show you just how much I eat. I feel like a piggy at times, but I stick with eating lots of veggies and proteins. I don't feel bad, and I haven't gained much weight at all. Hopefully I can keep this up after baby is born, but we all know that I'll just have to eat whatever I can to survive for the first couple of months.

I have been consistently taking weekly bump photos with the help of H. Film is definitely the way to go. So easy to snap a picture on the go and then scan it in the computer. It also helps that my week starts on a Saturday, and we're usually on the go and have interesting places to take pictures of. I have also been pretty fortunate with my wardrobe. It's so easy to slip on a comfortable dress and go. I have only purchased one piece of maternity clothing (belly band for pants/shorts), and I don't plan on buying anymore. I still have plenty of clothes from my last pregnancy to last me through the colder months before Negi is born.

Baby Bump - Week 23
{home}

Baby Bump - Week 24
{farmer's market}

Baby Bump - Week 25
{home}

Baby Bump - Week 26
{Rehoboth}

Baby Bump - Week 27
{Trader Joe's}

27 weeks down and only 13 more to go! It's going to be an exciting ride. Hope to keep up with updates every now and then. Being pregnant is actually kind of fun, and it's more enjoyable the second time around. Maybe I'm just lucky that Negi treats me so well. I love him so much already, and I cannot wait to meet him. 

Just for kicks, here is a comparison shot of me while pregnant with Little E over two years ago:

Pregnancy - Week 26 
Pregnancy - Week 28

0 comments:

Post a Comment