Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Little E's Valentine's Day Project

I love to find ways to get crafty with Little E, and Valentine's Day was the perfect occasion. I lured him with the words "heart" and "paint." Hehe. He was overly excited, but I was super slow on figuring out the plan of attack. I had a few Martha Stewart bottles of paint, but they seemed to fancy for the occasion. A few months back we painted with yogurt, which seemed to work well. I did most of the painting at the time while Little E cautiously watched. Yogurt + food coloring... yup, that will work.

Valentine's Day Project: Painting 

Kids have the greatest memories. Little E was looking back on the painting that we worked on a few months back that I have hanging on the wall. He used that as a guide while he figured out how to paint. I tried to convince him to use his fingers instead, but he preferred painting with his paint brushes. Occasionally he would touch the brushes with his fingers and get a little paint on them. He immediately called for me to wipe his fingers. Such a clean little kid.

Valentine's Day Project: Painting Valentine's Day Project: Painting Valentine's Day Project: Painting Valentine's Day Project: Painting Valentine's Day Project: Painting Valentine's Day Project: Painting 


He had a blast painting, especially knowing that we were making an extra special gift for Daddy. The next day we transformed his painting into a piece of art with hearts. I cut out the hearts and put them through the Xyron. Little E used the newly formed stickers and put them on the pink piece of card stock. He loved every detail about our crafty project, and I cannot wait to make more pieces of art with him.

Valentine's Day Project
posing with his work of art :)

Elliot's Painting Valentine's Day Gift for Daddy
Valentine's Day 2013
Art by Little E (with Mommy's help)

1 comments:

Annie said...

So adorable!!!!! :)

Post a Comment