Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Stressful Holiday

My picture perfect Christmas would have been spent with my little family in our comfy home, lazily enjoying the day. Of course that didn't happen, and I wish I could go back in time and change it all. My poor little guy suffered so much, and he had such a difficult time being taken out of his element. He prefers to spend time with smaller groups of people, and a house full of 26 (plus 2 dogs) was a bit overwhelming. He was the center of attention, and it was too much for him to handle. By Monday my kiddo was tired and yearned to spend some quality time at home. Unfortunately we had one more family obligation to spend with my side, and he was a whining mess. I don't blame him one bit, and I wish I could have swooped him away from it all to go back home.

DSC_0740

Not only was the holidays difficult for my little one, but it was also super stressful for the parents -- H and me. Leaving the house for the entire day for 3 days in a row is a lot of work. It would take us forever just to pack up and leave the house. Then by the end of the day we would pack everything up again to bring back home. Even with the two of us working together, it was not easy. In addition to trekking back and forth, we had to dodge so many questions and face criticism from family members. By the end of the day I felt like I was a horrible parents, constantly being judged. Oye.

I am very glad that it is over... until next time (Chinese New Years). Family get togethers will always be stressful from now on, and we just have to better mentally prepare. I just hope that it gets easier for Baby E as he gets older. Hoping that you had a less stressful holiday full of laughter and cheer spent with family and friends. Next time can I join you? We can trade places. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment