Recent Posts

Friday, December 2, 2011

Fun Fact Fridays: The Snotsucker!

Fun Fact Fridays #6
Snotsucker. Hehe. I can't say that in my head without giggling a little. There are so many silly products on the market, and I'm usually good at staying away from them. It changes quite a bit when you become a parent, and anything that can help your child is immediately put into the Amazon shopping cart, regardless of how silly it might seem.

Enter the Snotsucker! It is a nasal aspirator that brings a special connection to you and your child. By special connection I mean that there is a tube that connects my mouth to my little one's nose. Gross! No worries because it is totally worth it. It is all the rave among parents, and I bought it shortly after Baby E was born. At first it was difficult to get the tube into his nose (he has smaller than average nostrils), and his boogies were on the dry side. H was fine using the blue bulb from the hospital, and I left the boogie sucking duties to him.

Then the cold weather arrived, and the blue bulb was no where to be found. The Snotsucker makes a reappearance, and I am the one who is in charge of sucking my son's boogers out. It's one of the perks to being a parent. :) I admit that it is very effective, and I use it almost everyday. Of course my kid likes to give me a hard time and turn his head away every single time I approach his nose with the tube. He did comply for a week. I think he secretly enjoys the feeling of his nose clearing up.

NoseFrida -- The Snotsucker!
Source: NoseFrida

Want to see how it works? Check out below. I would record my own experience with it for entertainment sake, but I'm afraid that I don't have the skill to operate a camera and a baby with the Snotsucker.

The Snotsucker Video Demonstration
Source: NoseFrida

Also note that my baby does not stay still, and I'm pretty sure that most babies will squirm.  

The silly products don't end there! Next we have Boogie Wipe, and it goes very well with the Snotsucker. Hehe. The saline wipes are perfect and gentle for stuffy baby noses. Baby E loves it when I wipe his nose, and he grabs the wipe to eat inspect it after. 

Source: Amazon.com
To solve all of your baby nose needs this winter, be prepared with the Snotsucker and Boogie Wipes. Silly names. Great products. Baby approved!

1 comments:

conventionalbliss said...

LOVE this segment and LOVE those BOOGIE wipes.

Post a Comment