Recent Posts

Friday, November 18, 2011

Fun Fact Fridays: Baby Nails

I'm bring back "Fun Baby Info" and renaming it "Fun Fact Fridays."  :)

Let's start the first official Fun Fact Fridays by talking about baby nails.  Did you know that babies can be born with super long nails?  Somehow I just assumed they would be the perfect length at birth.  Boy was I wrong.  Baby E had long nails, and we were very worried parents.  Would he claw himself?  He was a pretty active infant who would constantly move his arms and legs.  Could his nails bend and inflict pain on my little one?  To put our worries aside, we went to Walgreens right after leaving the hospital to pick up a nail file.  We were too scared to use real baby nail clippers, but we were not patient enough to slowly file away at each and every nail either.  A few days later I used baby nail clippers and clipped his nails while Baby E took a nap.

His nails grow at an incredibly fast rate, and I can barely keep up with him.  It has become increasingly difficult to cut his nails because he hates being restrained in any way.  Oye.  It doesn't help that he loves to scratch, and no matter how often I cut his nails, they are always sharp.

In case you are wondering, the answer is yes.  I accidentally cut too close and inflicted pain on my little one resulting in tears.  I won the worst parent award for that day. There was blood and a nice band aid to cover up the boo boo.  :(

Baby Elliot - Day 1
Baby E on April 18th right after being born -- pretty goo-licious
Check out those nails!

0 comments:

Post a Comment