Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Every 2 Hours

Baby E Sleeps - 2.5 Weeks Old

Baby E is going through a new developmental stage in his life, and we're not so sure what that is exactly.  He just likes to wake up every 2 hours in the middle of the night (every 1.5 hours towards the end), which is a little out of the ordinary for my little guy. Last month he was consistently sleeping one 4-5 hour stretch in the middle of the night.  Since last week he has been restless and waking up frequently, too frequently.

Eating every 2 hours around the clock was part of the everyday routine a few months ago.  Now that I look back, I have no clue how I took care of him on such little sleep. I'm having a difficult time adjusting back to this routine, and the lack of sleep is definitely catching up on me.  I feel defeated most mornings trying to add up my hours of sleep, 30 minutes at a time.

In addition to waking up every 2 hours, Baby E hasn't been sleeping too well.  If we're lucky, he will stay sleeping until it's time for his hungry tummy to wake him up. Lately we're not so lucky, and he wakes up after sleeping for only a few minutes. Then I go back to comfort him until he falls asleep.  A few minutes later he is crying again because he woke up.  This goes on for about half an hour sometimes until he finally sleeps for good.  It's a lot of work for both baby and mommy.

I am no super human, and I need help every now and then.  That's where I give in and call my dad to come over.  He enjoys spending time with his grandson, and I enjoy an extra hour or two of sleep in the afternoon.  :)

I hope that Baby E will eventually go back to sleeping longer stretches in the middle of the night.  I'm looking forward to getting more than 1/2 hour to an hour of sleep at a time.  One day, one day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment