Recent Posts

Monday, April 4, 2011

My Splurge - TOMS

I've been thinking about getting a pair of Toms for a while now.  I usually just keep it to myself until I'm totally convinced that I need them.  I see them in person and worn by my favorite bloggers.  It is really growing on me, and I am in need of a pair of go to slip on sneaks.  I'm going to be a mom after all, and I'll take any convenience that I can get.  It also doesn't hurt that I can still maintain some sense of style while being on the go.  The company also donates a pair of shoes for every pair sold to children in need.  It's definitely a marketing feel good sort of thing, but I'll go with the flow of it. I'll even feel good about myself and won't worry about the price tag as much, knowing that someone else can benefit from a pair of shoes too.  Plus I haven't bought a pair of shoes in almost a year.  It's about time!  Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into this purchase?

Now I didn't know how difficult it would be to find a pair of Toms.  I went to my usual shoe sites -- Zappos, Endless, and Piperlime.  No luck!  Only the higher end designer department stores carry Toms.  What?!?  I don't consider Toms to be high end.  Oh well.  Nordstrom to the rescue!  Not only are the shoes a few dollars cheaper through Nordstrom, but there is free shipping on all shoes now through April 15th.  I think they should offer free shipping on all shoes to keep competitive with the famous online shoe sites, but then I think every single retailer should offer free shipping for me.  I'm cheap. Extra bonus -- the new Nordstrom at the mall is opening later this week!  That means easy return or exchange for me.  Woot!

Hmm.. now what pair should I order?

$43.95 at Nordstrom.com

$43.95 at Nordstrom.com

$53.95 at Nordstrom.com

Should I go with a normal color like light beige or grey?  Light beige might stain easily. Grey should still match a lot of my outfits.  Hmm... should I add a little sparkle in my life with some glitter in nude?  Is it really worth it to pay $10 more for sparkle?  If it makes me happy, then sure!  Haha.  Just kidding.  I'm cheap but still torn.  Feel free to help me choose!  Thanks!

2 comments:

animeniac206 said...

I love Nordstrom!

I think you should go with beige, but I'm sure it'll get dirty easily and if you mind that, go with the gray one.

Yin said...

@animeniac206: I love Nordstrom too! We've been waiting the past 3 years for this Nordstrom to open. I didn't think it would actually happen, but they followed through with their word.

Instinct tells me to go with the beige. Mommy side knows that baby will try to pee on me, leaning me more towards the grey. Hehe.

Post a Comment