Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baby Ninja Shower

I told you it wouldn't be long before I returned (a whole week to be exact).  I'm actually buzzing with a ton of potential posts in my brain.  Now how am I going to justify the time to write and edit them?  Hmm... I'll make some excuses and make it work.  With Ninja's party this past weekend, there was no way I could deprive you guys of pictures and commentary.  :)

My sisters threw me an amazing baby shower, packed with yummy food, pretty decorations, and amazing friends and family.  Everyone practically spoiled the little Ninja. 

Got diapers?  Can you guess how many diapers are in the tub?

Vi did a great job of organizing the baby shower games and  got everyone involved.  Guests first walked in and played "Got Diapers?" where they had to guess the number of diapers in the tub.  Can you guess?  The winner won the famous Snuggie blanket.

 An empty family room waiting for guests to arrive

Thanks to my sister Lynn for letting us use her home for the afternoon.  She did a great job decorating, and I love the animal safari theme.  I guess it wasn't too difficult to pick up the color scheme for Ninja's nursery, especially by looking at the baby registry.

Yay!  The guests start to arrive & conversations started to flow.

Chau, Ty, Bac Thanh, and MIL

Lena, Little Ninja, and Me

We had a great turnout of family and friends who were able to come and celebrate Ninja's first party.  It was great to see and catch up with great friends, some of which traveled quite some distance to come to the party.  Shout out goes to Liz, Brittany, and Cynthia for making that voyage.

Let's start eating!

Every party has to have yummy food, right?  Well the food most certainly did not disappoint, and many of us went back for seconds and thirds.  The food was provided by Cacciatori's, and everything was delicious.  I even splurged and had some pasta and tomato pie, which oddly enough didn't hurt my glucose scores.  Yay!

Time to open presents!

After stuffing our faces silly with food, we were ready for presents.  Many of the guests came during lunch, and they arrived with plenty of time to eat and enjoy watching me open presents.  Okay just kidding about the watching me open presents part.  I'll admit it is very weird to be the center of attention, opening all of Ninja's presents in front of everyone.

Getting excited over bibs... hehe.

Baby bottles, bibs, and cute booties -- baby stuff is so darn cute!  Thanks Auntie Lena!

It's kind of odd how happy I can get over the simplest of presents.  Who goes crazy over bibs?  Well I do!  These are baby essentials, and Ninja will love drooling over bibs for quite some time.  He also needs some baby bottles to drink that yummy milk and grow to be a healthy, strong baby.

Big hug to Auntie Liz!  Check out how I've perfected my hug while protecting the Ninja.

I also wanted to give every single person a hug after opening each and every present.  I was afraid to get in trouble for making the gift opening session way too long, but I did get a chance to hug a few people.  I think I have perfected the art of hugging with a big stomach in the way.  What do you think?

Graco Pack 'n Play!  Woot!  I have a feeling Ninja will be spending a lot of time in there.  Thank you Aunt May (who is expecting a little one of her own  this year too)!

I kept a close watch of the baby registry because I had two with duplicate items.  The first to be purchased was the Graco Pack 'n Play, and I knew it had to be my super organized sister May who had generously bought this for us.  I love my reaction, even thought I knew what was under the wrapping paper.


What a cute froggy outfit for Ninja!  There's even a frog on the butt!  Thank you Bac Tap & Trammy!

Isn't this exciting guys?

Smile for the camera!

I'm sure our family and friends got tired of seeing me open presents, but they put on a happy face and were super troopers.  Thanks guys!  My sisters Lee and Ching helped jot down the gifts and putting them away after each one was opened.  Shout out goes to Vi who took pictures and documented Ninja's party.

Ninja's very first book!  Thanks Auntie Melissa!

I hope Anthony doesn't follow my blog, but if he does -- "Hello!"  Anthony and Melissa gifted us a security system for the house, which will provide Ninja with the peace of mind that he will  be safe at home.  After all, he won't be able to use his Ninja skills until much later in life to protect the familyMelissa also gifted Ninja his very first book, which is super adorable.  I seriously wanted to flip through the pages, but then I realized everyone was looking at me.  Oops!

It's a Bumbo & the cutest outfit from Janie & JackThank you Aunt Lynn!

I had a strange feeling that my sister Lynn would be buying Ninja a Bumbo, especially after her recommendation to register for the tray to go with it.  Hehe.  I absolutely adore the outfit she purchased for Ninja from Janie & JackSuspenders!!  Oh Ninja is going to be a cute little one.  He even has his very own pea coat for the winter months.  Too cute!

 Yay!  Ninja has a stroller!  Thank you Aunt Lee!

This was another gift that I knew about in advance but only because my sister had asked me to take it off the registry so that she could purchase it online.  I still got excited opening the present and seeing the stroller in real life.  I had registered for a few items without physically seeing them in person, and the stroller was one of them.  H had a great time putting it together, and he pushes it around the house for fun.  I had a weird teary eye moment imagining Ninja inside the stroller.  Oh mommy hormones get the best of me.

Auntie Brittany, how did you know we wanted onsies? 

 and chocolate too!  You must be reading our minds.

Did you know that I am in love with onsises?  The week leading up to the baby shower I was actually super sad to see that no one had bought us anyNo worries!  Brittany came to the rescue and Ninja will be set for his first couple months of living.  She even bought the ones with side snaps, which will be perfect for our skin to skin time.  Hehe.  Oh and I love me some Japanese chocolate. 

Ninja's 1st Bath set.  Thank you Bac Trang, Ty, & Chau!

More bath  goodies for the Ninja!  Oh such a spoiled little boy.  I'll teach him how to recycle with his first eco-friendly bag.  Thank you Cynthia, Celia, & Maria!

With Bac Trang, Ty, Chau, Cynthia, Celia, and Maria's gifts combined, Ninja will be set for quality bath time at home.  Hehe.  Seriously, I think he is completely set with wash cloths, toys, and a pretty awesome tub set.

Ninja will be spending some fun times as a baby inside his Little Lamb Infant Seat.  Thank you Bac Thanh!

This Fisher Price bouncer/infant seat got awesome reviews, and I honestly registered for it because it was cute.  Okay there was another reason -- portability.  This is the only one that I found that could be folded up and ready to be in the trunk for on the go travel.  Yay!  Ninja will look super cute and pretending to be a Ninja lamb.  Hehe.

Thank you Grandma & Grandpa for thinking of Ninja's safety in the car!

Yes, this would be another item that I never saw in person until I went back to Babies 'R Us to register for more items.  We wanted a Graco Snugride car seat to work with our Joovy stroller, and this one fit the description.  Basically it wasn't ugly, and it is compatible with the stroller.  It also happens to be the Snugride 35, which has some great reviews.  It's just a tad heavy, but I don't plan on using the car seat/stroller combo for long.

Yay!  A booster seat for Ninja at the dinner table.  I was really excited about the Aveeno basket of goodies, inspecting what was in it too.  Oh silly me.  Thank you Auntie Cynthia!

Oh how I get excited over surprise items.  Cynthia went out to buy Ninja's presents that morning, and I had no clue that we would be getting a booster seat.  This was one of the must have items on my list because of a recommendation from Young House Love.  I didn't want a high chair to take up a ton of space, and this booster seat is perfect!

 
Group photo time, part I!
from top left: Chau, Ty, Bac Thanh, MIL, Lynn, May, Lee, Melissa, Celia, & Lena
from bottom left: Brittany, Ching, Anita, Liz, Me, & Cynthia

 Group photo time, part II!
from top left: Chau, Ty, Bac Thanh, MIL, Lynn, May, Lee, Melissa, Celia, &Vi
from bottom left: Brittany, Ching, Anita, Liz, Me, Cynthia, & Raven

Check out all of these awesome people who came out to celebrate Ninja's party!  I seriously have the best family and friends ever.  I am so glad I brought H's camera, even if we didn't know how to fully use it to take a photo with the timer.  Oops!  I guess I'll have to have him teach me that soon.

Lai Sisters!  Can you spot the two pregnant women in this photo?
from left: Lynn, Ching, Me, Lee, & May

It's such an odd opportunity for us sisters to get together for a photo and not be dressed up in wedding attire.  I love how we're all wearing dark colors, except for Ching who is hiding behind Lynn and me.

 
Dan Family! Vi, Me, and MIL

 
Dan Family 
from left: Bac Thanh, Vi, Me, Chau, MIL, & Ty

Amazing Friends!
from left: Cynthia, Brittany, Liz, Me, Anita, Melissa, Ceila, & Lena 


Time for cake!  Red velvet brought to us by Sweeney's Bakery.  Yumm!

I'm not so good at cake cutting though.

Cake time!!  I made sure to test my glucose levels right before cake time, and I was satisfied with my numbers enough to eat a whole slice of yummy red velvet cake.  I just need to learn how to cut cake and not waste a ton of frosting.  I let Lynn take over after this shot was taken.

Shortly after we enjoyed some baby shower games.

Can you guess how wide I am?

I found this hilarious apparently.

The baby shower games continued, and guests had to guess my tummy size.  It was a bit awkward, and Ninja got a ton of loving.  Everyone overestimated by tummy size, and they had to go back to guess my bra size.  Eeks!  Well everyone thought I was on the tiny side (I usually am), and not a single person overestimated my bust.  Haha.  No pictures of that since I want to provide my boobs with some privacy.

Great time was had by all, and the party soon came to an end.  Thank you to my sisters who organized and planned this amazing baby shower.  Thanks goes out to all of my friends who came out to celebrate and generously gave Ninja some amazing presents.  I can already tell that he will be loved by so many family and friends.  He's one spoiled little boy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment