Recent Posts

Monday, January 3, 2011

Sleep Deprivation & Organizing

Okay sleep deprivation might be a slight exaggeration, but my sleeping patterns are definitely thrown off course.  I wake up multiple times throughout the night, tossing and turning.  It's normal.  Usually I can fall back asleep almost instantly, but I haven't been so lucky lately.  Now each time I turn around, I have a 50/50 chance of falling back asleep within a reasonable amount of time.  Since I don't like staying in bed for hours awake, I get up and do stuff around the house.  This morning I woke up at 4:00 AM, and I didn't fall back asleep until close to 9:00 AM.

Of course having all this extra time in the super early morning means I get to watch the sun rise.  I also have a lot of time to clean and organize.  With the start of the new year, I am pushed to actually clean up piles of stuff that have been pushed aside for months.  The wedding made both H and I super lazy.  My craft room is no longer a room full of craft materials.  It just looks like bags galore, full of miscellaneous stuff I never had the time to put away.  I never actually unpacked all my boxes from our move in either.  Eeeks!  It's been over a year!!  It's definitely time to get myself back on track.

I have a super long to do list that I refuse to write down in fear of having a panic attack by seeing the length of tasks ahead.  Cleaning and organizing is one step towards conquering my list.  I just need motivation to keep going and not take m&m breaks.  Hehe.

Yesterday H and I went to Ikea in search of a bookshelf.  We've been looking for one (not so actively) for the past year, and I usually shoot H down when he suggests buying one.  They're kind of pricey, and I didn't want to settle for a cheap one at Target.  Now Ikea isn't too big of a step above Target, but we ended up finding one that fits our needs perfectly.



It's rather simple and adds a ton of extra storage space for us.  I have books that have been sitting in boxes for way too long, and they finally have a life... on a shelf.  Hehe.  Now that H has assembled and put up the bookcase, we're considering purchasing another one.  Oye!!  Why must Ikea have such tempting display rooms?  They had two bookcases connected with a bridging shelf and a TV unit in between.  It looked super spiffy, but of course it is way out of our tiny budget.  It's just so tempting!!  We have done very little decorating with our house, and most of our furniture is hand me downs.  It would be nice to finally be adults and buy real furniture.  Too bad we're saving for something else with bigger priorities.



Hemnes TV Unit

No more m&m breaks!!  I must continue organizing!!

2 comments:

animeniac206 said...

IKEA! I love Ikea! Really cool designs. Quality... not so great though. It's usually a hit or miss.

Yin said...

@animeniac206: Indeed. The bookcase is made out of wood instead of laminate/cardboard. Hoping that the extra bucks spent will be well worth it for the increase in quality.

Post a Comment