Recent Posts

Friday, December 3, 2010

Splurge: J.Crew Sale!!

I love J.Crew, and it's one of the few stores that I have grown up loving.  Don't let the price point steer you away because they have some great sales going on.  I usually go straight to the sale section every time I go into their stores.  From my shopping experience, King of Prussia usually has the best selection and best sale section of all the local area J.Crew stores.  Typically on a good day, the King of Prussia store will offer an additional 15% - 20% off on sale items.  For the laziness in me, I have been window shopping online instead of in store.  I also like to wait for special emails from J.Crew in my inbox to tell me their latest sales and specials.  Don't worry though.  I still shop in store and recently bought three pairs of flats a few months ago for $25-$35 each.  Muahaha!

With the cold winter temperatures coming our way, I have been on the lookout for a new winter coat.  It's been a few years since my last purchase, and I am ready for a sophisticated and classy look.  I missed out on the 30% off sale a few weeks back, and then I was reluctant to take advantage of the 25% off purchases $150+ during Thanksgiving week.  I don't like to pay for shipping, which was the deal breaker for me.  No worries because patience pays off.  This week I got an email in my inbox with a nice sale that was perfect for me.

Spend $150+ and take 25% off total purchase with free shipping!
Spend $250+ and take 30% off total purchase with free shipping!
**Offer is valid now through Sunday, December 5, 2010**

This is by far the best deal I've seen yet, and I pounced!  Both H and I took advantage of the deal, and we saved $238.40!  Woot!  What's even better is the fact that my patience worked for me even more because the two coats I ordered were both on sale!  Last week they were both full priced, and I had considered buying them for 25% off.  Silly Yin.  Patience!!  It really works!

So what did I buy?

Originally $325, Reduced to $275
Originally $298, Reduced $199.99

Here are some other fabulous coats that did not make the cut.  

Originally $350, Reduced $275
Beautiful coat, but the deep v-neck collar cut doesn't work for my body.

$298, $318 with Thinsulate

If you're looking to splurge on yourself and spend $125+ at J.Crew, then please do so now.  This is a great sale going on.  It can be hard to find a nice coat within your budget, and taking an extra 25% to 30% off certainly does not hurt one bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment