Recent Posts

Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Time for Vacation!!

H and I are finally going on vacation!!!  He has a few days left of vacation for this year, and we decided that it's time to take some time off for ourselves.  Our last real vacation was back in Spring 2008.  Ouch.  Two and a half years later, and we're finally off on another adventure!

Okay it isn't as terrible as it sounds.  We've been to NYC on more than just a few occasions, even spending a whole week up there when H had training in the city.  For the most part, NYC trips are typically day trips.  Every summer we take our annual trip to the beach, and we haven't missed a single year.  We've also gone on family vacations with H's family -- New Orleans, Disney, and Canada.  I personally went away for 5 weeks with my own parents to the Motherland last year.  Our lives have not been void of adventures, but it has been a long time since we took the time to focus on ourselves.

 Spending time with Brippy in NYC.  We're skating at Bryant park!  Winter 2008

 Canada with H's family - August 2009

Annual Beach Trip to Ocean City, MD - Summer 2008

Visiting the Motherland with Parents - Spring 2009

For the past several months I have been itching to go on vacation.  H and I missed out on having a honeymoon, and I think that affected me more than I originally imagined.  After a long stressful year of planning and a last minute move up of our wedding date, we desperately needed a honeymoon.  Unfortunately it just didn't work out for us.  Moving up the date made it impossible to plan anything last minute.  H also started working for a new company just days before our wedding, and there was no way he could take any time off.  We both ended up returning to work on Monday after our wedding.  Pretty lame, eh?  Life continued as normal, and we didn't even have time to let the married feeling sink in.

I have a confession.  I still read wedding blogs.  Ahh!!  When will I ever unsubscribe?  Well that makes it worse for me because I hate reading honeymoon recaps.  It makes me extremely jealous and makes me yearn for one of my own.  No worries.  My husband wants us to have a honeymoon of our own too, and our goal is to take one within a year.  I have a feeling that it will take us a tad longer than that, but I'll keep hoping for that honeymoon to come.

So we're not taking a honeymoon by any means, but you can consider in a mini-moon.  It's not exactly a honeymoon because we don't have the time or money for a full fledged one.  It's more of a relax-acation where we just spend time reconnecting as a couple.  It's about time we took time for ourselves to get away from the stress of everyday life.  I'm not exactly in tip top condition for a super eventful vacation filled with activities because I get easily tired -- so no major cities.  We'll be going out to the middle of no where and staying in a super nice hotel.  We'll probably be in our room most of the time enjoying the hotel's huge collection of movies and munching on some popcorn in bed.  We do have a couple's massage scheduled (a first for both of us) and a romantic dinner to enjoy.  Yay!

Needless to say, I am super excited.  I've been in the vacation mindset since we booked and finalized a few important details.  I love spending time with my hubby, and a relax-acation is the perfect way to get all warm and fuzzy.  :)

Walk Down Memory Lane - Last Vacation Spring 2008  

Posing in front of Japantown w. beautiful cherry blossoms behind us.

Always eating yummy food -- taiyaki!

In-N-Out for the win!

 Loving every moment at Pebble Beach.

 I'm awesome & being a tourist.

 H's turn to be a tourist!

Best trip ever!!  Can't you see it in my slightly tipsy face after eating delicious sushi?

P.S. I told my dad today that H and I will be going on vacation, and he is actually excited for us!  He even recognized our lack of vacation post wedding and wants us to enjoy ourselves.  Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment