Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Weekend Recap

H and I spent our Christmas at his parent's house.  It's our usual tradition minus a lot of traditional stuff.  The holiday felt different, unusual, and empty.  His big family felt much smaller with the absence of his grandfather, aunts, uncles, and little kids running around.  It wasn't the same.  We still took pictures and tried to act normal.

Aunts & Cousins

Uncles & Cousins

Smiling for the camera w/ my Santa hat headband

Even though Christmas wasn't the same as the previous years, the holiday was enjoyable.  The first Christmas I spent with his family was back in 2006, and we have come a long way since then.  I remember being enamored by the huge family gathering, and I eagerly participated as if everyone was my own blood.  H's family have always accepted me into their own family, and for that I am grateful.

Cousins w/ Grandparents - 2006

Awkward couple photo in front of the tree - 2006

Assembling the gingerbread house - 2006

I also can't help but to think how different Christmas will be next year and from then on...

This is a tad belated, but I hope everyone had a great holiday shared with their family and friends.  While I'm at it, happy new year!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment