Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Running Errands

Now that I'm home bound (I wonder how often my entries will start with that line), that means I have a lot more time to do stuff.  It can simply mean going to the store to buy some eggs just because I can.  Take that!  Oddly enough, I haven't gotten used to the concept of being able to run errands during the day.  Does that sound strange?  Probably because it is strange.

Let's rewind back a bit.  H and I love to do almost everything together and that includes running errands and shopping*.  When I'm not with H, it just doesn't feel right doing those things without him.  Occasionally I would need to go out on my own to buy him presents or even a cake for those special birthdays.  Those times I am forced to do it alone, and I find myself going in to purchase exactly what I need for him and nothing more.  I leave the rest of my purchases for later so that I can go with H.  I can't make any decision on my own without his opinion.  Early on in our relationship I was at T.J. Maxx shopping for who knows what, and I stumbled across these perfect pair of gold Nina wedges on super sale.  It was less than $12, Nina's, and in my size!!  Can you believe I actually had to think really super duper hard before purchasing them just because H wasn't there?  Yeah I look back on it now and think it was a no brainer, and I don't know why it was so difficult for me to buy them.

So there you go!  That's why I can't get used to the idea of running errands.  I hate going out by myself.  I've been at home for almost 3 months, and I have only been out once to run errands.  I went to Coscto and Target, and I actually got nervous about hitting traffic on my way home.  I was a wreck, constantly texting my husband.  I needed his company, even if it was just through texts.  That was last week, and I have no real desire to go back.  Bad Yin!  I have to slowly learn to get out of the house more often by myself.

Here's a funny story to go along with my inability to do anything by myself.  I usually never have any cash on me, and that day was no different.  I was too lazy to make myself lunch before heading out, and I knew I wanted to get food at Costco.  They only accept cash at the food area.  As I was about to leave, I decided to round up all of my glass bottles to get back my bottle deposits.  It took me probably 10 minutes to get everything in my trunk.  I returned a total of 69 bottles at $0.05 a pop.  That gave me a lunch spending limit of $3.45!  Then H told me that I could have asked for cash back when I used my debit card for my Costco purchase.  D'oh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment