Recent Posts

Monday, September 27, 2010

Looking Back on the Past Year, Pt 2: August 1, 2008 via Vox

Continuing with my series, here's my second entry originally posted on Vox:

August 1, 2008
Just Give Me One Chance

Today was not a good day.  I spend much of it crying over the sad reality of my current situation.  Although I've known for the past two months the struggles of finding a job, it hit me harder than usual today.  I can't even say that I'm anywhere near close to finding one.  Today it was made official that I can no longer linger around at the University.  By the end of this month I will officially be jobless.  I wish I were closer, closer to a real opportunity.  I get shot down each time I hear of someone's good news because I have none of my own to share with the world.

Why me?  What did I do wrong?  Why don't I deserve a chance?

I feel well qualified.  Okay I do lack that experience in the field, but I make it up with my background.  I've had so many responsibilities in my life, and I have so much to offer.  I have a strong work ethic that has been instilled in me.  The sad thing is that I was so proud of myself after finishing my resume and cover letter.  I saw how good I looked on paper, and my professor had given me such high remarks.  I had a fellow classmate look over it, and he was so impressed by the number of jobs I had listed and my responsibilities.  I was sure that I could do it.  I was sure that I could find a job.  I was so confident in myself.

Am I still confident?  Not at all.

I just want a chance.  One chance.  I'll prove to them how great of a person I am.  I want to be confident.  I really do.

How different would this situation be if I were still living at home?  I don't think I could feel like this much of a failure.  I'm actually sure I wouldn't.  I would have financial support.  I could take my time.

Now I'm stranded.  I'm trapped.  I am a failure.


Previously...
Looking Back on the Past Year: The Beginning
Looking Back on the Past Year: Finding Work
Looking Back on the Past Year: I Give Up
Looking Back on the Past Year: Finding New Inspiration
Looking Back on the Past Year: Escaping
Looking Back on the Past Year: What Happens Now? 
Looking Back on the Past Year, Pt 2: July 31, 2008 via Vox

0 comments:

Post a Comment