Recent Posts

Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Splurge - Timex

I try to stay true to myself and usually buy only what I need.  Yes, I need to walk into Anthrpologie on a regular basis to stay true to myself (usually walking out empty handed).  Haha.  So yeah occasionally I splurge, and then I spend hours trying to justify my splurge.

Splurge Story I
I bought a watch, and it's a pretty one too.  Not too feminine, not too fancy.  I have tiny wrists, and I find it difficult to put on anything that looks decent on me.  So instead of trying to go for a smaller face and make them take half of the links off, I took a different direction.  I just went for awesome and ran with it.  =p

Okay, I'm not going to lie.  I am easily influenced by blogs, and this was a blog inspired purchase.  I saw it, swooned, and thought that would look good on my wrist.  I even went as far as adding it in my cart online, but common sense took over.  I removed it from my cart, but I went ahead and purchased 2 watch straps instead.  Hehe.  They were on sale (w/ an additional 30% off), and I'm a fan of blush stone & birch.  So what does one do with 2 straps and no watch to match?  Well I go to the mall of course!  It looked lovely under the glass box, but would it looks just as lovely on my wrist?  It sure did!  The normal sized watch face is a bit over sized for my wrist but in a fashionable way.  The strap was a tad long, but H had a creative & super solution for that.  Oh and not only is my husband creative, he's also thrifty.  He pulled out his old UD ID for the extra student discount goodness of 15% off (applicable on full priced items)!  

Oh and did I mention this is my first watch purchase ever?  I've had 2 watches prior, both of which were the same exact watch purchased by 2 different people at 2 different times, possibly within a year of each other.  Yeah I had no attachment to the watch and it wasn't "me."  

So there you have it! I splurged, I justified, and now I get to enjoy!

J.Crew - $150.00

**Inspired by I Love You Much's groom gift & J.Crew haxx post

0 comments:

Post a Comment