Recent Posts

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Few Post Wedding Thoughts...

What is Yin thinking about today?

I have been overwhelmed by the wedding, even two weeks later. For the first couple of days post wedding, it was the nice kind of overwhelmed -- with joy that it turned out pretty well, better than ever expected. Now there's a lot of different feelings taking over, some good but mostly not so good.

I am happy about how it turned out overall. It wasn't the wedding I envisioned for myself, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for family. We did just that, and we were able to have a great time being surrounded by family and friends. Unfortunately, we couldn't make everyone happy. The smallest details of the wedding are still being scrutinized, and I'm letting it get to me. Sigh.

Then there's the biggest touchiest issue of all, money. Let's just say that we're a smart couple who have been saving money for the last 8 months. I planned the wedding with the intention of us paying for the big event, and I never expected any financial help. All expenses came out of pocket, and we worked hard to make that happen. There is a fine separation between our own hard earned money paying for the wedding and then the wedding gifts. They do not mix, and I would like them to stay separate. Not everyone thinks like me, and I am now offended. We have been asked specifically to use our wedding gift money to pay off some expenses from the wedding accrued from the ceremony.

Would you be offended in my situation? Just take a general stab at it with the limited information provided. I may be over reacting, and sometimes I hope I am. Unfortunately that's only one issue post wedding. There are others too. I'm trying my best to keep calm and not let it get to me. So far I'm failing. =/

0 comments:

Post a Comment