Recent Posts

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Anthropologie & Seychelle Love

I went to the new Anthropologie store in the mall last night, and I came out with this beauty...

Plains & Prairies Dress
source: anthropologie.com


Plains & Prairies Dress
source: anthropologie.com

Plains & Prairies Dress
source: anthropologie.com



I'm going to have to say that this dress looks even cuter in person and on my body. =) The workers all complimented on how much they like the dress, and I was immediately convinced that it belonged in my closet. It also helped that Hung found the dress for me. Hehe. Btw, I love shopping the sale section in Anthropologie, especially when it's hidden away.

I also had a little fun with my first official Gilt Groupe purchase! Gilt is an invitation only shopping website (click on the link here to join), offering designer brands for up to 70% off retail price. It pretty much makes super expensive drool worthy clothes a tad within reach. It is a first come, first serve sale, and it involves strategy. Sales open up at 12:00 PM (eastern time) and only last for 36 hours. The most desired items are always sold within minutes of the sale, but sometimes you get lucky.

Seychelles Women's Duchess Pump
source: amazon.com


Seychelles Women's Duchess Pump
source: amazon.com


Seychelles Women's Duchess Pump
source: amazon.com


I was sad to find that they were sold out of this adorable shoe, and I put myself on the wait list for this beauty in a size 7. Usually wait listed items never become available, and I never expect the email to come. Oddly enough on Sunday night I received my email from Gilt and screamed a little inside. I am honestly one of the cheapest people you'll ever know. I couldn't get myself to pay the $49 price tag (originally $90). So I didn't pay $49. I paid $35!! I received an email from Gilt a few days before with a $20 account credit, which I happily applied. I paid the $6 shipping, and I received them in the mail on Wednesday. Oh happy day. I love new shoes, and Seychelles are so ultra comfortable. I have always admired them from afar because I could never afford them at full price. Now I have a pair of my own (actually 2... it's part of my current shoe obsession), and they would look adorable with my newly purchased Anthropologie dress.

Score!

Shopping makes for a happy Yin.

=)

0 comments:

Post a Comment