Recent Posts

Friday, September 4, 2009

New Chapter

A lot has been happening, and that means that I've been thinking a lot. Over the course of a few weeks, my life has been changing. I'm trying to get adjusted to a new routine. I know not to get too excited about the new, and I really do miss the old.

After today I will finish my full second week at my new job. 2 whole weeks, and I'm still alive. It's a great job, and everyday I realize a little more how lucky I am to be working. My first bank deposit went in this morning. It's been almost a year since that last happened, and that was a crappy temporary job that I stayed at for only 3 weeks. I feel the need for a celebration, just to pat myself in the back for surviving this past year. While I may not be working at some big fancy corporation job, I am happy where I am. Why would I want to waste my efforts helping a big money hungry business? Sure, I probably get paid less now, but then I'm getting paid A LOT more than just staying at home blogging and crafting to my heart's content. Now I can actually afford to triple my crafting supplies. Heck, we can now afford my craft room in a house of its very own. =)

Speaking of houses, something is going on down in the house front. While I don't want to get too excited about it, I am glad that we waited and didn't settle in the process. More details to come when we have more information. *keeps fingers crossed*

doesn't it look like we're already at home?

Remember when I got engaged, started a wedding blog, and never started actual planning? Well I told myself that I could start planning once I found a job. I now have a stable job, and it's finally time to start the planning process. I'm super excited inside, and I think it's time to purchase a few more wedding magazines to add to my (very small) collection. I'll add that to my to do list this weekend. Maybe I'll even return to Paper Source one day... oh how I love thee.

stumbling upon my first paper source store in reston, va

So life is turning around for me. I'm a happier camper than I was before, and there are many more opportunities down the road. My depression (pretty much attached to my unemployment status) has subsided, and I'm looking forward to what the future has in store. I will admit that I got used to my life at home, and I enjoyed my "me" time. I'm still learning how to balance work, hubby, and me time. It'll probably take a few more weeks until I'm fully adjusted and balanced.

I want to thank everyone who has been there to help me through those rough patches. This is now a new chapter in my life, and I'm so glad that I can take you guys along for the ride. Thanks for being such great friends.

p.s. How do you guys like the new layout? It's still a work in progress. Hubby and I will be working on the header soon. I have a lot of ideas, and hopefully a few of them will work out. Keep checking for changes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment