Recent Posts

Monday, September 14, 2009

In 3 Hours...

In three hours I turn twenty three. For the past year I have been looking forward to my birthday. I came up with a birthday list months ago, mainly consisting of small items I was too stingy to buy before.

Now that it's hours away, it's not that big of a deal anymore. I was supposed to make cupcakes for myself. I bought the necessary ingredients, but I later found out that butter was no where to be found. I also forgot that we were low on eggs, and eggs are necessary to make cupcakes.

It's just another year to add to my age. Actually, I've been fooling myself to believe that I've been 23 this whole year. That's what happens when you go back to China and tell people that you're 23 instead of just 22 and turning 23. It feels like I haven't aged at all.

I want to be happy. It's my birthday. It's my turn to celebrate. Maybe I'll just have to wait for the feeling to kick in when I wake up in the morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment