Recent Posts

Friday, August 28, 2009

Blogging: My Story

Inspired by "A Bee's Life" from Weddingbee, I thought I would give you guys some more details about how I got into the whole blogging business and why I absolutely love it. It also doesn't hurt that I just watched Julie & Julia on Wednesday night either. Hehe.

My Story:
I pretty much started blogging as soon as I was connected to the world wide web. It was my junior year of high school. My first assignment was to research everything on this list that my teacher provided. Luckily my parents had just connected us to the world with slow dial up AOL earlier that month. Here I am doing my homework like a good kid, and I came across the word "blog." What was this thing? Sounded like a bug to me. I did some research, and the first result was Blogger! I may not have fully understood blogs at the time, but I decided to give it a shot and create one of my own. Thank you Mr. Doody for introducing me to one of the loves of my life. =)

My progression started with a very simple Blogger account. I then did what all the cool kids were doing and joined the xanga bandwagon. In high school everyone was separated into the xanga group and livejournal group. I did both, but I mainly blogged on xanga. It was an outlet for a crazy kid like me to write down daily thoughts. Sometimes I would be so worried about what all of my friends thought about my entries. Then there were times where I just needed to vent, and so I did. Boy was that a huge mistake on my part. As time went by, I joined other blogs hoping to create something more original, more Yin (and of course to avoid the drama). I kept going back to xanga, and it would only create more problems for me.

About 2 years ago, I focused less on my own blogging. I was more fascinated with what other people had to say. I found that blogging could be much more than a place to write your daily thoughts. It could also be a place to write about the passions you have in life, whether it be cooking, traveling, crafts, photography, or even fashion. There was a place for everyone to belong and share their experiences. I can honestly say that blogs have inspired me and made me into a very different person than I was 2 years ago. All of a sudden I was inspired to cook. I was inspired to bring out the inner craft side of me. I was inspired by other brides, and they transformed every misconception I ever had about weddings. I was BLOWN away!

always keeping busy with my Google Reader

I was also inspired to start fresh again. I wanted to get back that spark I had from blogging 7 years ago, but I wanted it to be original. I wanted to be me without having to hide anything. So I threw away my past, my troubles. I created something new, something I completely love. I am living in the present. I am real. I have my good days, and I have my bad days. I feel that spark again. Although I don't have too many readers, I want to give back to the blogging community. I have been inspired my so many bloggers out there, and I want to contribute in every small way that I can. Maybe someone will stumble across one of my entries, and have that "wow" moment that I have had with so many amazing blogs. If not, at least I can give you a guys a taste of my life.

blogging.. what I do best =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment