Recent Posts

Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to the Motherland: Arriving in Hong Kong

After landing in Hong Kong, I was relieved to be off the plane. We went through immigration where I had my passport stamped for the first time after waiting in a long line with my dad. My mom has dual citizenship, and she easily walked right through with her residency card. Afterward we got our luggage and went to the hotel to get situated and checked in.

During our stay in Hong Kong my parents lived the life of the rich and somewhat famous by staying in 4-5 star hotels. Since there were the 3 of us, we had to get two separate rooms for around the same cost of getting one big room with two full sized beds. Don't get the impression that my parents are anywhere near rich or somewhat famous. We had the hook up from my sister with her awesome, extremely discounted hotel rates. For the first three days we stayed at the Courtyard Hotel by Marriott located somewhat further from main attractions.

desk, tv, full size bed, very big window view, luggage rack, and bar

bathroom sink and bathroom sliding door

shower stall and the oh so normal toilet with flushing button on the top

bar area with glasses, cups, ice bucket, and electric water kettle
back of my bathroom facing the side of the bed
nice closet with hangars, safe box, and drawers

I was beyond impressed with the hotel, especially at the extremely cheap price we were paying for two rooms. This was definitely much needed after a 16 hour flight. I slept like a baby in that bed, and I enjoyed watching Discover Channel Asia every night before snoozing. The bathroom was so clean and perfect. As I mentioned earlier, this hotel is located somewhat far from main attractions. My dad says that they most likely tore down a few apartments to build the very new hotel. It's not common to have such nice amenities in older hotels, which I later found out. I enjoyed my hotel stay while it lasted.

check out the view from my window! okay, it's not so pleasant, but I can see people at 7-Eleven crossing the street.

No more talk about hotel rooms.. now onto the food!! Since my parents were not so familiar with the area, we walked around in hopes of finding a good place to eat. It was probably around 8:00 PM, and most places look kind of shady at night time. After walking around for about 15 minutes my mom settled with a small eat in restaurant. We sat on stools at a small table in the cramped space and enjoyed our meal...

breaded fish with tofu and vegetables in a clay pot.. yummm!

pork with chives and peppers.. oh my gosh delicious.. drooling just thinking about it!!

With a full tummy of yummy food, we were ready to go back to our hotel room across the street and call it a night. My parents and I were both tired from our exhausting flight. I passed out as soon as I hit the bed. I had to get my beauty rest to prepare for the next morning full of activities and quite an adventure.

Stay tuned for my first full day in Hong Kong!!

Hotel Information:
Courtyard by Marriott
167 Connaught Road West
Hong Kong, China
Phone: 852 3717 8888
Fax: 852 3717 8228
Sales: 852 3717 8883
Website

Previously:
Back to the Motherland: Leaving on a Jet Plane

0 comments:

Post a Comment