Recent Posts

Friday, July 10, 2009

Update

This entry is strictly an update on stuff that has been going on in the wonderful world of Yin. Since my blog setup isn't so great (non-bullet friendly), I will organize each topic with a * in front and bold the topic.

*As seen in my last entry, the house did not work out for us. It's not a surprise. I just wished that the seller wasn't so mean. Of course the agent put the house back up on the market soon after with an asking price of $4k more than the agreed amount we were going to pay for the house. Instead of helping us with the costs of the house (roof), they will accept a lower price from someone else. Now we feel like we got a bad deal for the house, but I'm just glad that it's over. I am not looking forward to finding a new home. I feel like I'm constantly "fighting" to get my point across. I just want a home in a good location inside a great neighborhood. That's not too much to ask for, right? Okay, I am super picky, but don't I have the right to be? This is a huge purchase for us, one that will take thirty years to pay off. We shouldn't settle for anything less than the best (location & neighborhood). I really don't mind the interior and exterior details so much. They can always be fixed or replaced. It's going to be a long process.

*I hit a huge bump in the road when the seller of the home pretty much rejected our requests the first time around. I felt like everything was falling apart and that nothing good happened to me. Maybe the fact that I was part of the buying process made the deal fall through? I am bad luck. It led me to hate my unemployment situation, and I needed to vent. So that's exactly what I did. I used Weddingbee as my outlet for my frustration, and so many wonderful people responded. They were supportive and understanding. I wasn't used to it. One person even gave me some direction to apply for an open position within her company. She offered to deliver my resume to the recruiter as well. The Weddingbee community is exactly what I needed in the time of break down.

*Today marks the beginning of the weekend, and I am ecstatic! It's the time of the week where I can feel "normal" again. I can spend as much time with Hubby as possible, and I can push away my troubles for a few days. While this summer has been fairly busy with a family event every weekend since the end of May (minus one weekend to ourselves), I am looking forward to what the rest of the summer has in store. Tomorrow we'll be going to Brandywine Park in West Chester for Hubby's company picnic, and I'm looking forward to our gift and all of the free food and activities. Then we'll head up Concord Pike for some shopping goodness (aka Goodwill).

*Speaking of Goodwill, I found something super awesome there last week. I bought it for $3, and it is worth so much more than that. I just need to invite people over. More details about this purchase later. I think shopping at thrift stores is going to become an obsession of mine. I'm just glad that Hung enjoys looking around for bargains as much as I do.

*One of my goals for this summer is to learn how to use the basics of Photoshop and html. I hope that it will help me with my blog design and also with some projects further down the road.

That's pretty much it for now. Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment