Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

About the Neverending To Do List

As a unemployed gal who is trying to fight the world (and losing terribly), you would think that I have all the time in the world to accomplish any to do list. Well that is not exactly the case. I have too much that I want to accomplish, and all of those things take a lot of time. I haven't been good with my time management skills since I left college, and procrastination is always there no matter how hard I try to kick it out of the way. While it seems like I have a full day to do what needs to be done, I really don't. My schedule is like any normal person who works from 9-5.. I just tend to wake up at 10, although I am trying to kick the habit of sleeping in. Those are the hours in which I can try to cross another thing off my to do list. After the work hours, Hubby comes home, and I am the most unproductive person in the universe. Here are a few things I'm working on...
  1. Blogging: That's a no brainer, but it's really difficult to organize my thoughts and write a decent entry for two blogs on a daily basis. Just imagine the normal time it takes to blog and double that with me. I'm also having some difficulties getting the flow of my wedding blog going. I have so many ideas, and I have no direction. It's frustrating.
  2. Crafts: I LOVE crafts, and I have so much inspiration everyday from amazing sites like Craft and Creature Comforts. At one point I was busy crafting as many humanly hours as possible -- from the time I woke up until the time I fell asleep at 4AM. It was probably an unhealthy obsession. I think depression may play a role in my drastic decline in crating, but I still want to find the time to do it.
  3. Pictures: I have a lot of pictures that I want to edit and prepare for Hubby's family. With the new DSLR, there is a lot more work involved in getting the photo prepared for the viewer, and I'm stuck with the task of editing. I just started, and I'm trying to learn the ropes. The work is sloppy, but I'm getting better. There are just hundreds of photos to go through, and it's not easy to select, edit, and place in the print folder. I'm also playing around with photo collages, but it's the ghetto way of doing it without an actual collage program. This is also very time consuming, and it's a daunting task.
  4. Google Reader: Believe it or not, it takes a lot of hours to organize and read everything in my Google Reader. I might be crazy, but I need organization even within my blogs. I label all the good entries and inspriation for the day. Sometimes I'll just mark a star next to it and get back to it another day. If there is a good project or recipe, I have to make sure to jot it down or record it on the computer. I have multiple folders on my computer just for pictures and tutorials. I want to actually do more of this because I have no saved inspiration photos for stuff related to the wedding. I've seen sooo much that I love, but I can't remember where I found it. Bad, Yin.
  5. Cleaning and Packing: With the house possibly within reach, I really want to start packing up my bags and leave asap. With Hubby's parents not approving of our choice, I am reluctant to start. I also tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to packing, and that just means it takes me twice as long. Everything has to be organized a certain way, and I don't even know if I can follow my own rules.
  6. Wedding: With one more year to go, I have a lot of catching up and planning ahead. Only fellow brides really understand the scope of planning a huge event and all the details that go into it. I have been preparing Word documents with details about specifics. It requires so much research and gives me a headache each time I attempt it.
  7. Yelp: I love Yelp, and it's my responsibility to give back to my food community. While my reviews pretty much suck, I still want to contribute as much as possible. I will be honest and say that I haven't actually posted much in the past year. I'm disappointed in myself, and I want to work on writing more reviews. My profile has been viewed over 500 times. That must mean I was doing something right. I only have 20 reviews and 117 photos under my name. That's not much. I could do much better.
  8. Health: Maybe I should devote more time to focusing on my health. I can't exactly say that I eat well balanced meals everyday, and I am certainly lacking in the exercise department. I have a super high metabolism that keeps me hovering around the 110 lbs mark while eating almost as much as Hubby at every meal. I can't rely on my metabolism for the rest of my life, and I need to get into a healthier routine. I must focus on eating better, more nutritious foods and exercising daily. That exercise part is what hurts me the most.
  9. Find a Job at Home: I'm sure I'm good at plenty of things, and I should capitalize on that. I'm just not exactly sure what that is.
  10. Figure Out My Goals: That's a tough one.
Now I just need to learn how to organize and plan my day to result in the most productive me possible. I'm thinking that I need to start a daily schedule and allot time to work on certain projects. I need to work on waking up earlier in order to actually follow a schedule though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment