Recent Posts

Saturday, May 30, 2009

About Moving Out

It doesn't feel like it's been that long since I moved out of my own house, and now I want to pack my bags and move out again. Is that a bad thing? I have been living with Hubby and his parents for the past two years now, and I've always had a hard time adjusting. You think two years would make anyone feel comfortable, but this isn't "home" to me. I still feel like a guest, and it's even more awkward with my unemployment status. I want to find a place where I can feel comfortable and welcomed. I want to find our home.

Let's rewind a bit. A few months ago Hubby had mentioned his desire to buy a house, and I was strongly against it. I didn't think that we would be able to afford a house, especially with only one income. I felt guilty about my lack of financial contribution, and I thought that we could wait another year. I also became frustrated with the whole process of finding homes, and I had a difficult time communicating my needs.

After I returned from my trip from China and Hong Kong, things fell into place more easily than I once thought. Hubby's dad is letting us borrow money for our future down payment, and the market is looking good for home buyers. Obama is giving new home buyers a tax credit this year (just needs to be purchased by Decemeber 1, 2009). Believe it or not, stubborn old me really liked the thought of finding a new home just for the two of us. While talking about homes was still a little difficult at first, I grew more comfortable with the conversations. Then I started to get irritated by the smallest issues at the house, and I just yearned to move out more than ever before.

Last week Hubby found a buyer's agent, got a pre-approval letter for up to a $300k loan, and we looked at houses for the first time. Tomorrow we are meeting with our buyer's agent and checking out some more homes in the area, and I think I might just be getting a tad excited. I can only hope that the process continues to be smooth for us, although I know there will probably be a few bumps in the process.

Is it bad that I have already started packing? Now I know that realistically we probably won't find a home right away. Even if we find a house tomorrow, the process from start to end will take a while if everything goes in our favor. I'm just really anxious and want to fast forward time just a little. I'm already dreaming about how perfect life will be in our new home, and I know it will bring me to a better place. I have a feeling that will be just what I need to push myself forward.

=)

0 comments:

Post a Comment